Sunday, September 19, 2010

OVERWHELMED

The last week has been a very busy, busy week for me. I have worked, been in meetings, done planning sessions, and many, many other things. I am sitting here looking at my calendar for this coming week, and the only thing that I can see for me is the time that I have sat aside to watch Glee on Tuesday night. Other than that my time will be spent at work, doing homework, and dabbing in a few other little projects that I am currently consumed by.

Needless to say, I am overwhelmed, or am I? Tonight on my drive home, I began to think about that statement "I'm overwhelmed." Am I really overwhelmed or have I managed to be consumed by my emotions, which have placed me in a comfortable position to complain. Hmmm, I confess! I think that I have allowed my emotions to get the best of me, and that I have chosen to sit comfortable in the whiners corner and complain. See, I understand through my self-reflection that what I am feeling is not overwhelmed, it might be tired at the most but most definitely not overwhelmed.

Overwhelmed describes the feelings of the citizens of Pakistan who many are still without descent shelter weeks after a flood. Overwhelmed, is the mother who will place her child 6 feet under the ground because she has no way of feeding them. Overwhelmed, is the family who has lost their home, and their way of life as they know it is no longer the same. Overwhelmed is the person who just found out that their life will never be the same, because some terminal illness has chosen to reside in their body.

At this very moment choose to put aside my complainers cap, and embrace the things that are necessary for me to become the individual and being that I am destined to be. No longer will I complain. I will speak life-positive words into my situations.

Excuse my grammar and punctuation errors, but I had to get this typed because it just would not let me be.

Good night!

Live well, Laugh often, and Love much!

Kindrick

1 comment: