Tuesday, June 7, 2011

REFRESHER: Paul Revere

Hello Blog Buddies! There is a lot of talk regarding a comment made by Sarah Palin. (SIGH - Oh Sarah!) Anyways, the not so well versed Palin incorrectly quoted some of the historical happenings.

I am on a crusade to make sure that all of my blog buddies are familiar with Paul Revere.

1. Paul Revere was a silversmith who during the French and Indian war served as a soldier.

2. He joined the secret anti-British organization called the "Sons of Liberty".

3. He participated in the Boston Tea Party, to protest British high Taxes (imposed by the Stamp Act of 1765).

4. He warned American patriots that the British were coming as the American
Revolution began. (Sarah said he warned the British).

5. He is famous for his midnight ride when as ordered he road to warn Samuel Adams and John Hancock that British troops were on their way.

I will leave the continuing education to you.

I suggest that we all take a minute to freshen up our American History.

Visit
http://www.history.com/topics/paul-revere & PBS.ORG. You can also find more information at the Library of Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment