Monday, June 6, 2011

Weiner, Weiner, Weiner!

So my title sucks! No doubt about it. However, its very funny to say.

A week ago, we were introduced to Anthony Weiner a Democrat from New York, who originally made a statement to the media stating that his twitter account was hacked and that the picture that was tweeted of a man in his underwear highlighting his crotch, was not his. Senator Weiner made a statement that the picture was not his, and that he had been hacked, and he maintained that he was innocent. He even went as far as to call a CNN producer out of his name during an interview.



Im going to practice ethical Journalism and not post the pictures that were tweeted here. I do not feel that there is a need to add fuel to a fire, that will soon hopefully die down. Today, around 3:30 p.m. est the Senator announced that he would do a press conference at 4p.m. est. I do not think that anyone could have expected the chain of events that would follow



So here is where I am. Why is it that people in public office do crazy things and feel as though they will never get caught? I believe that Mr. Weiner confessed about this because it had been made known that another picture of him bare chested had surfaced. In this pic it is obviously him, because in the background is a picture of him shaking hands with former President Bill Clinton (birds of a feather really do flock together).



People when you decide to put yourself in a compromising position and you are "found-out", just own it. It is much better if you tell the truth and own your actions. I believe that the cost of lieing is much greater, compared to saying "I did it". I think most Americans could have forgave him becuase the only reason why the pic turned up in his main news feed is because he didnt use the DM feature on Twitter correctly. We have all had technology hick-ups before.

Lastly, please understand that your twitter followers, and facebook friends are not sworn to any kind of secrecy. Do not believe that just because someone is your "friend" or "fan" on social media that you can trust this person with your life. His first mistake was that he trusted this girl. I will not same shame on him, becuase lets be honest, most people have committed some kind of stupid act in this day of social media, however, I will Thank him for giving us another lesson on what no to do with twitter and other forms of Social media.

He will live to see another day and he actually does have somewhat of a nice chest! :-)

Remember to Live well, Laugh often, and Love much!

No comments:

Post a Comment