Sunday, July 11, 2010

I once heard someone use an expression that said "life is a school house, and without the use of any text books, or lesson plans, it will teach you valuable lessons." I am amazed at how there is always an opportunity to learn something new in all experiences. I am sitting in the comfort of my living room, and thinking to myself "WOW! For all the uncomfort that I experienced this weekend, I learned a valuable lesson." I won't share the details of my experience with you, but I will share one thing that I learned about myself this weekend. This weekend I learned that I should be celebrated and not simply tolerated.


As people we should surround ourselves with people who celebrate us, and dont simply tolerate us. The people who celebrate us are the people who understand us in our fullness. They understand our strengths, weaknesses, and are willing to love us no matter what. Check the people in your camp!




Just to let you know, I spent my weekend in New Orleans. OMG, the city is beautiful. The city is alive and full of the hustle and bustle of tourists, and those beautiful people who call New Orleans home. New Orleans, is a place that can be very challenging on the soul. But, if you are able to look pass the shinanigans, you will experience the true beauty of the city. I love New Orleans, for its live music, its begniets, and the ability to simply sit and watch the Mississipi river as she silently flows into the gulf of mexico. I am glad to see the city rebuilding, and its people living in a continuous revival state of mind. Long live New Orleans and its people!






No comments:

Post a Comment