Saturday, July 17, 2010

RAINBOWGATE

Recently, most of us have all been made aware of a video that surfaced on youtube. The video is the reaction of youtube user Hungrybear9562, to a double rainbow. In the video he begans to verbally and emotionally express his gratitude for the double rainbow. The video has had over 5 million views. Take a look for yourself.



I am upset that most americans think that there is something "crazy" about his reaction to the rainbow. His reaction to the rainbow is simply his way of thanking God for the gift of the rainbow. Times have most definitely changed. We now think that someone is crazy or insane because they are overhwelmed by the works of God. Yet, if you cheer and scream at your tv during a ball game at some guy who makes millions of dollars you are normal. Hmmmm, things are twisted to say the least.

This video reminded me to appreciate the simple things in life even more. When was the last time you sat and enjoyed the rain. Rain symbolizes the cleansing of the soul, mind, and iniquities. I think that if we all took the time to appreciate the small things more we would all be in a better place. Its also important to remember that the rainbow is there to remind us of the convenant that God made with us and all creatures of the earth that he would not destroy the earth by flood again.

"I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: And I will remember my covenant, which [is] between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that [is] upon the earth. " (Genesis 9:13-16, KJV)


Live well, Laugh often, and Love much!

Kindrick

2 comments:

  1. This video makes me really happy. Like, it gives me hope that someone other than me still gets excited (although I usually don't burst into tears) over a rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't cry either - over a rainbow - but it is still aweinspiring. Like when I was a kid I was so excited to see a rainbow. May we never loose that child like quality in our adult years. It takes a lot to stop in this busy world and just enjoy nature and the goodness God delivers every day!

    ReplyDelete