Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Reality Check - The Bachelor & Bachelorette

Good Morning blog buddies! It’s been a while since we have chatted, but believe it or not sometimes I really appreciate my silence. Yesterday was the 5th of July, and I used the day to rest, and catch up on some much needed R&R. I avoided all social media outlets, and for the most part watched a minimum amount of the television. However, I ended up watching a marathon of the A&E series Intervention, which is a very good show. For those of you who don’t know “Intervention” is a mini-series-documentary about people who are living with addictions that range from Alcoholism, to hording, to addictions with pornography. It’s a good show, because it gives a real face to addictions, and it demonstrates how people become slave to their addiction, and that people will do anything to get their next “fix”.

As the day continued, I slept some more, at one point I woke up and did some reading for a new class that started this week. However, before I knew it the time was 6:45 p.m. and I had seen an advertisement for the ABC show “The Bachelorette”. I was intrigued to watch this episode because at the end of the show there was going to be an interview with Jake and Vienna from the last season of the “The Bachelor”. I had watched the show from beginning to end, and it was my hearts conviction that Jake had chosen the wrong girl.

I am not surprised to see Jake carrying on the way he is. Men have a tendency to be very rude, and nasty when they have a hard time admitting that they have made a mistake in picking a mate. Especially in this case , it was before millions and millions of people. Jake is embarrassed that he chose with the wrong head. Now he finds himself involved and engaged to a woman that he has NOTHING in common with. The woman that he described last night was the same woman that was in the house, that didn’t get along with any of the other women, and that was very manipulative, demanding, and rude. However, Mr. Jake was blind not by love, not by lust, but by his pure hormonal desire to do nothing but “mate” with her. It’s animalistic, but it’s true! WOMEN OF AMERICA LISTEN: DON’T BE FOOLED BY THESE CRAZY REALITY SHOWS. THE NATURE OF THE MAN IS TO MATE! Understand that it is very possible for a man to have sex with a woman that he has no interest in, and that he does not have any intentions of marrying. Women or spiritual beings, and men are (how shall I say it?) hmmmm, they are BEAST!

I feel very sorry for Vienna. Although I am not a fan of hers, I feel bad for anyone who is in her shoes. America, we have got to take an internal look at us. I am very confused with how we will block one group of individual’s rights for marriage equality, yet at the same time we go crazy for cocoa puffs for a show that has reduced marriage to a Drive-thru experience at a fast-food chain. Hmmm, I just don’t get it.

Namaste

Kindrick

No comments:

Post a Comment