Sunday, June 27, 2010

An appropriate EVICTION notice

This week I learned a valuable lesson. Earlier this week we were all made aware of a United States Army General named General Mcchrystal. Earlier in the year General Mcchrystal gave an interview to Michael Hastings, writer for Rolling Stone Magazine. The article was titled "The Runaway General." Now, I am gonna bypass all of the politics of the article, because personally, I didnt feel that the comments he made were targeted to Barack Obama in a political fashion. The comments were coming for a man who had obviously experieneced some hardships in getting the assistance he needed from the White House. You really should read the article. However, the coments he made were very unappropriate for a man of his "professional" stature. Overall, I think the interview was giving to the wrong outlet.

My only issue here and the lesson that I learned is that you have to be on watch 24/7, because not everyone who is with you, is for you. The article makes note that General Mcchrystal voted for Obama, which I guess is suppose to make the stab in President Obamas back less painful. I learned this, as a supporter of mine you are charged with being on watch for me 24/7, and you are charged with looking out for my best interest. If you disagree with me, bring your grievances to me, dont broadcast your grievances with me in public. If you are unable to dwell with me with those terms and conditions than you leave me no choice but to relieve you of your duty. YOU WILL NOT BURN ME TWICE.

A while back a friend of mine and I were talking about how I was making changes to the way I address people in my life. I have a habit of using the term "Friend" to describe people who really arent friends of mine. Turning 30 was a monumental time for me in my life because I realized that quality will always override quantity. That being said, I am done with living a life filled with people who dont aid or add anything to my life.

**USELESS INDIVIDUALS**

Please be advised that effective this 27th day of June in the year of our Lord 2010, you are officially EVICTED from my life. Your time has been well served. However, we have reached a point where my life strategy and your strategy or not working in synergy. Its truly been a pleasure getting to know you. Understand, that my intentions are not to harm you but to see you grow. I pray that your life is filled with greatness.

Life well, laugh often, and love more.

-Kindrick

1 comment: