Thursday, June 17, 2010

I QUIT!!!!!

OMG, that feels so good to say. I heard a sermon by a minister named Jamal Bryant, and in his sermon he explored the difference between quiting and failing. Ok, so let's talk! I am about to get uncomfortably honest with you.

(LET ME PREFACE THIS BY SAYING THAT I AM NO SELF-HELP SPECIALIST. I AM JUST SHARING MY FEELINGS & THOUGHTS. THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME.)

ok, read on...(SMILE)

I must confess that I am one of those people who has a problem with leaving bad relationships, and friendships. I have been in some of the worst relationships and friendships but, because I have a fear of failure I do not leave. I always looked at those relationships from the perspective that there was something wrong with me. It was my fault that those people didn't appreciate me in the skin, and talent that God gave me. I think often times I make excuses to the benefit of my transgressor so that I feel that I don't have to leave the relationship. Now if you know me, you would think at face-value that I am very secure in my skin, and truth be told I often struggle with self-acceptance, and self-worth. It's a work in progress.

However, I reached a healthy conclusion this week, that it is time for me to "quit" a relationship that I have been trying to resuscitate for far too long. I am at a place where I am comfortable with leaving the relationship because I realize that the end equation does not equal a home-field advantage for me. To quote Pastor Bryant "quitting is not the same as failing, quitting simply means that I have realized that there are better options that present me with an outcome to my advantage."

So, when you walk away from this blog tonight. First, give God thanks for my clarity of mind. Secondly, evaluate your life, and think about those people who seem to never encourage you, never ask you, "how are you feeling", and wouldn't even offer you their left-over scraps from the $2.99 special at Popeyes. Then with much prayer make a decision that creates a "win-win" for you.

I have tooo many other things to worry about, for example "How do I want my eggs in the morning?" (SERIOUSLY! I, want eggs in the morning!)

Live well, laugh often, and love more! (just give your love to people who appreciate it)

Kindrick

2 comments:

  1. so true Kindrick. I love this blog! Still not sure why you don't feel secure as you sometimes, but you'll get the self confidence you need. I too struggle with that at times!

    ReplyDelete