Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Just a few things...

First, on last Friday I made a trip to my local movie theatre with a friend of mine to watch what is being called in the social media world SATC2 (Sex and the city 2). I left the movie feeling so frustrated. Before I can explain my frustration allow me to bring you up to speed on Sex and the City as I see it.

Sex and the City is the story of 4 friends who live in New York City. The 4 women share their lives with one another in every aspect from troubled relationships, to over-sexed cougars dealing with menopause. I was never a fan of the HBO series, it just appeared that Carrie Bradshaw (leading character) whined too much for my sanity. This is a woman who has it ALL. She is a successful writer, and has a boyfriend , Mr. Big, that most women would die to have. Yet, she always finds something to be unhappy about. There is always some aspect of their relationship that leaves her unhappy, or there is something in her life that she is unhappy with. Anyways back to the movie, I left the movie feeling so depressed because those women have achieved what I consider to be the "TACO SUPREME". They have it all. They have relationships, successful jobs, children, marriages, and most importantly they have an unbreakable friendship. Yet, as always with the girls from SATC there is always something to complain about, or something to fix. I'm not going to go into any specifics because I would hate to ruin the movie. I do say that it is a good movie, I just wish we could see the girls of SATC happy, one big movie about them being happy.

Next, I have a dilemma. What do you do when you realize that helping someone else is going to hurt you? Where do you draw the line between your own insecurities, and lending a hand to your brother or sister who is down on their luck. I am faced with a situation, I have a friend who needs a hand up, but I know that we live TWO completely different lifestyles. I from the bottom of my heart want to help him out, but I know that there is going to be a conflict of interest somewhere down the road. Im torn, really, really, really torn. I keep thinking to myself, "What if it were me?" Does the scripture, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" still apply in this situation? WWJD?

Live well, Love lots, & Laugh often!

P.s. Its day 50 of the BP Oil catastrophe, and there is no sign of a resolution in sight. You can take a look at the cams on www.bp.com and let me know what you think. Please pray for those of us here in the gulf coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment