Monday, August 16, 2010

What do you believe?

Good evening blog boddies!

Today, I received an email from a fan. YAY! I have fans, who would have thought. In his email he stated that he enjoyed reading my blog, and he had been checking for new post but had not heard from me. I replied to him letting him know that I usually only speak when I have something to say, and BOY OH BOY, have I got something to say. There are a few hot topics pressing my mind right now, but let me go for the hottest of them all. Let me share with you my OPINION in regards to all the hype surrounding the Community center which will be built a few blocks from ground zero, and has got a number of people in America in a knot.

First of all, I dont call this a controversy, because there is not controversial regarding this issue. The issue is that a group of Islamic Americans have managed to secure funding to establish a community center that will serve the youth of New York city. Other people in America have changed this into a group of "radical islamist" are planning to construct a mosque a few blocks from ground zero. No, its a community center that will house a prayer room. (LETS MAKE IT CLEAR!)

Secondly, these people have murdered my ears with talking about how sacred ground zero is, but have they checked the listing of businesses with-in a walking distance of ground zero, OF COURSE NOT. It has now become acceptable for people to just rattle of their brain anything and the American public does not fact check it. Granted, most of the American, public couldnt give you the physical adress of Ground Zero. Anyways, there is a STRIP joint a few feet away from ground zero, but you dont hear anybody complaining about how disrespectful that is to the lives lost at the world trade center. Would we allow a strip joint to open next to a grave yard, well truth be told in America it might just pass.

Last but most definitely not least. I honestly feel that if when you pray, God picks up the phone and asks "Who is this?", you shouldnt be complaining about this issue. How is that people who have strayed away from their own faith, have placed themselves in a position to determine, whats acceptable for another persons faith. The time you are waisting on fighting these people and their accomplishments, you could be spending on reaquainting yourself with your God. Also, if you are as much of a christian as you proclaim to be, then I am sure you have read the scriptures in the bible that refers to Compassion, and Love for others. Those are basic biblical principles and God did not say that we had any discression of who we wanted to share his love with. We have to apply it to ALL!

I have not always been treated fairly by everyone who proclaimed to love Christ. In elementary school a nun told me that she didnt understand why "ya'll prodestant kids are allowed to go to school here." I looked at her and replied, "maybe its because we pay more." She was not very happy with my response. Later, in life I am judged by people who think they know me, who tell me that there is no way I can be me and have a relationship with God. Hmmm, no wonder why people dont go to church, its not really a friendly place.

I have alot more to share...New Orleans Red Dress Run, EAT PRAY LOVE, and maybe I will share a secret.

LIVE, LOVE, AND LAUGH!

Kindrick

No comments:

Post a Comment